(Photo of Southern Chile)
I will be in Argentina, Chile, and Uruguay in July, Beijing for two weeks in August, and probably Mongolia afterward.
I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on what I should do in my free time, who I should meet with, and how I should think about what I am doing. Remember it will be winter in South America.
Also, it has been a pleasure staying with blog readers in my travels, from Dublin to Mumbai, Shanghai to Rome. I find it the best way to understand another culture. If you live in one of these places and want to host me, let me know.
As always, thanks.
Here are various related posts:
- What I learned from my 2006 China trip
- My sense of the status of Hong Kong as of 2008
- What I learned after my first visit to Mexico
- What I learned from my first visit to Colombia
- Why freedom in China is not bi-modal
- Here's my favorite book on China. Here are detailed notes from The New Asian Hemisphere, a terrific book. Here are my notes from The Forgotten Continent, about Latin America.
- These are my main travel related posts. This is my separate travel blog with 250 posts sorted by country.