Here’s one position we’re actively recruiting for. It’s a unique role. Please email [email protected] if you’re interested. And if you refer a candidate we hire, we’ll pay you $3,000!
Title: GM of Network
We are looking for someone to help us build our network-driven platform strategy.
This will include helping design the events, programs, and systems by which we help portfolio companies with hiring, distribution, fund-raising, advice, key introductions, and other network needs. You will help figure out the best possible introductions to make across our vast network.
You should possess a deep passion for connecting people and also sweat the details. You should love connecting people and love thinking about the systems for how to make those connections more efficient and effective.
Ideal background, experience, and personality
- Demonstrated ability to connect with everyone from LPs, VCs, and portfolio founders. Knowledgable about VC industry.
- Experience creating value-add initiatives or events for entrepreneurs or investors
- Experience working in a venture capital firm, incubator, accelerator or small startup tech company
- Comfortable with uncertainty and fast-changing conditions
- Self-starter and self-motivator — able to work independently and with little oversight
- Experience using a CRM system or eagerness to become totally fluent in one
- Preferably located in the Bay Area, though open to Los Angeles or New York if willing to travel
- Comfortable interfacing with professionals from different countries and planning events outside the U.S. (You would not need to physically staff events outside the U.S.)
- Able to attend at least a couple events per month in the Bay Area
- Service-oriented, knows how to add value — wants to focus adding value to companies rather than investing.
- Think big and execute small; detail-oriented but can also do strategy. Willing to do whatever it takes — no task too low or high