I love books, and I love the "best of" lists that come out at the end of each year. Amazon.com’s worthwhile blog Omnivoracious: Hungry for the Next Great Book has a useful round-up of the recent NYT "Top 10 Books of 2007" list. I’ve heard of all of them. I’ve read none.
- Man Gone Down by Michael Thomas
- Out Stealing Horses by Per Petterson
- The Savage Detectives by Roberto Bolano
- Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris
- Tree of Smoke by Denis Johnson
- Imperial Life in the Emerald City by Rajiv Chandrasekaran
- Little Heathens by Mildred Armstrong Kalish
- The Nine by Jeffrey Toobin
- The Ordeal of Elizabeth Marsh by Linda Colley
- The Rest Is Noise by Alex Ross
I’ll be posting my ’07 book roundup in a few weeks.
Apologies for the light posting, a stomach bug has taken hold. Fear not, new, original content is coming soon to a blog near you.