Here’s to a Surname High in the Alphabet

Ah, it feels good to be B.C.

Scott Adams plays this mind trick:

Let’s try a little experiment. I want you to think of one successful person. It can be anyone, famous or family member. Make sure you have just the one successful person in mind. Now concentrate on the first letter of that person’s last name.

Good. I’ll do the rest.

I will now wrinkle my brow and focus all my powers of ESP, trying to discern whether the letter in your mind is in the first half of the alphabet or the second half. Excuse me while I chant…ooom…oooom…okay.

Your letter is in the first half of the alphabet.

How’d I do? Leave a comment with the last name of the person you had in mind.

Then read this interesting article to see why I thought this might work.

Did it work for you?

8 Responses to Here’s to a Surname High in the Alphabet

1. B for Buffett, Warren. Interesting.

2. Shefaly says:

This may be culturally biased… :-)

I have been reading Indian Philosophy last few days, so the name that sprang to mind – Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan…

3. Shefaly says:

Oh by the way he was the second President of free India and a well-renowned philosopher, who was also in 1936-39, Spalding Professor of Eastern Religions and Ethics at Oxford University.

4. Jose says:

I guess this speaks volumes about the poor hapless soul that invented the Zamboni. :) Seriously, what about the other great guy…what was his name, oh yeah, George Washington.

5. Wes Mahler says:

I was thinking junius morgan, of jpmorgan.

But hey,

That best be wrong ben, cause my first intial is W, and urs is B, no fair :)

6. annette says:

Nope, didn’t work for Oprah Winfrey.

7. Dan Sage says:

Yes, it worked. Lees.

Crap, I’m screwed. What chance does a CY have?